Deutschčeský jazykEnglish
Veranstaltungen
Artikel
Kontakte
Citizen Office / Tourist Information
Address:
Altmarkt 209405 Zschopau

Phone: +49 (0)3725 2870

Fax: +49 (0)3725 287222

Website: http://www.zschopau.de

opening times:

Mon.

09.00 - 3.00 pm

Tue.

09.00 - 6.00 pm

Wed.

09.00 - 2.00 pm
(city offices closed)

Thu.

09.00 - 5.00 pm

Fri.

09.00 - 2.00 pm

Sat.

09.00 - 11.00 am
(the registration office open by appointment)

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, the Community Office between 12.00 - 1.00 pm clock are closed.

  • Gedenktafel

    Gedenktafel

  • Heinrich

    Heinrich

  • Kirche

    Kirche

  • Postmeilensaeule

    Postmeilensaeule

  • Stadtportraet

    Stadtportraet

Time Table

Time

Event
981                  

The river "Scapha" (Zschopau) is mentioned in an official document for the first time.

mid 12th c.

First documentation of the "Old Bohemian Path" which leads through the region of Zschopau.

1286 & 1292

First official references of Zschopau "with all its possessions" (1292)

1299

First documentation of a fortification (today's Wildeck Castle) and the appointment of noble men to guard and defend the building ("Burgmannen").

1307

The appointment of a minister for Zschopau is mentioned for the first time.

1349 & 1407

The mining industry, especially silver mining, is officially documented.

1451

Zschopau gained market rights.

1454

The inhabitants of Zschopau were allowed to build a second church, it was constructed as a hospital church on the opposite side of the river.

1456

Zschopau is no longer property of the House of Waldenburg and belongs from now on to the House of Wettin.

1480

The Senior Country Hunter ("Landjägermeister") becomes the owner of Wildeck Castle.

1485

After the distribution of the estates of the House of Wettin, Zschopau becomes part of the Albertine area of Saxony. From now on, the administration in Schellenberg (Augustusburg) is responsible for the town, and no longer the administration in Wolkenstein.

1493

The town of Zschopau was allowed to exploit the area for minerals and therefore eligible to be called "Mountain Town" (Bergstadt).

1495

The church, town hall and town wall are being rebuild.

1516

Duke George leases bridge toll and convoy to the council.

1525

Disturbances in connection with the Peasant's War take place in Zschopau.

1539

Start of the Reformation in Zschopau.

1543

First documentation of a public school.

1545

Expansion of the medieval fortification into a hunting chateau under the command of the Duke and future prince electoral Moritz..

1549

King Ferdinand I and his entourage visits the prince electoral in his castle  to go hunting in the surrounding woods.

1554

Cornelius of Rüxleben, a friend and protégé of the prince electoral August I., is appointed as Senior Hunter (Jägermeister) and becomes Senior Forestry Offical and Senior Country Hunter (Oberforst- und Landjägermeister) later on.

1576

Cornelius of Rüxleben is disgraced. During his term of office he had the noble house built (today's town house).

1567 - 1588

The theologist and philosopher Valentin Weigel works as minister in Zschopau. He composes a variety of texts in which he refined the ideas of the German mythology and the paracelsic philosophy of nature.

1599

Weigel's successor, Benedikt Biedermann, is removed from his office because "heretic" manuscripts were found in his library. Amongst them were also some writings of V. Weigl.

1612

Until the 8th of March 7.476 people die because of the plague.

1632

During the Thirty Years' War, many inhabitants of Zschopau fled from the hostile Croatians into the forests near Grünhainichen and hided there between rocky cliffs for several weeks.

1634

The town is raided and completely burnt down by imperial soldiers. Within the following years, imperial and Swedish soldiers take up quarters in the town and harassed the inhabitants repeatedly.

1649

The Church of St. Martin was re-consecrated after it stood as a ruin for several years.

1658 - 1660

The church receives an organ from the famous organ manufacturer Christoph Donat from Leipzig.

1699

Tsar Peter I. of Russia travels through Zschopau and stays at the inn "Weißes Rößgen". His entourage dines at the castle. The technology of the hosiery knitting mill is demonstrated to the Tsar. Further transits: 1711 and 1713.

1710

1710 First documentation of a postal route between Leipzig and Prague which lead through Zschopau.

1715

The first bleaching factory is established near the river.

1722

The composer Johann Gotthelf Scheinpflug is born in Zschopau. He worked for several years as court conductor in Rudolstadt and composed several cantatas, oratorios, overtures, suites, and orchestral pieces.

1727

A post mile stone is erected in Zschopau.

1741

A roofed, wooden bridge is built across the river Zschopau.

1748

A huge fire destroys the centre of the town.

1750

Zschopau has about 4.300 inhabitants.

1751

Consecration of the rebuilt Church of St. Martin. Between 1753 and 1755, Jacob Oertel from Grünhain, who was a scholar of Silbermann, manufactures the organ.

1756 - 1763

The town is strongly affected by the Seven Years' War.

1784

Carl Stülpner is transferred into the second company of grenadiers in Zschopau. However, only after a few weeks he is taken into custody because of a fight with the hunter Ziegler and sent back to the headquarters in Chemnitz.

1787

The linen weaver Johann Gottlieb Pfaff from Zschopau creates a carding machine for wool and improves the spinning frame.

1790

The inhabitants of Zschopau create a council in connection with the Saxonian Peasant's Revolt.

1802

On behalf of Johann Jacob Bodemer, Immanuel Gottlieb Heßler buys an estate and sets up a bleaching factory.

1813

From Mai until August, Zschopau is occupied by the French. At the beginning of October, Tsar Alexander of Russia and 22 of his generals stay in Zschopau. 80.000 soldiers and the whole infantry, consisting of 14.000 carriages, of the allied military forces of the Duke of Schwarzenberg cross the recently built stone bridge which was still under construction to get to the Battle of Nations in Leipzig.

1815

Demolition of the medieval town gates.

1818

Again on the behalf of Bodemer, Heßler initiates the erection of a mechanic weaving loom driven by a horse whim. Subsequently, "a horde of people" storms into Heßler's "dwelling" and demands the removal of the loom within 24 hours. Heßler obtains military security and the state government decides in favour of him.

1820

A royal Saxonian court is established in Zschopau, and in 1821, Wildeck Castle becomes its official seat.

1822

The brothers Gensel build a spinning mill.

1828

A municipal band is founded as successor to the Town Pipers (German: "Stadtpfeiferei").

1830

Foundation of the "Association of the United Cold Printing and Shape Engraver."

1832

The first edition of the weekly news pamphlet is published by the local cantor Karl Geißler.

1833

The guilds of Zschopau found a school for weavers and technical illustrators.

1835

Foundation of a trade association.

1836

Zschopau has got 757 weaving looms and 454 machines for the production of hosiery.

1843

Ludwig Würkert takes up his office as minister in Zschopau. He founds the Gustav-Adolf-Society and besides his pastoral work, he is highly dedicated to political and social tasks.

1845

Bodemer establishes a factory school.

1848

Formation of a radical patriotic club under the guidance of Wilhelm Conrad and Karl Heinrich Reichelt, and another yet more moderate political club under minister Ludwig Würkert and cantor Karl Geißler.

1849

18th. March: 5000 people gather in Zschopau to celebrate the first anniversary of the revolution. 4th Mai: During an assembly on the market square, the enraged crowd demanded to support the provisional government by sending out volunteers. On the next day, 95 inhabitants went to the barricades in Dresden. 7th May: Another 300 people join the protests under the guidance of cantor Geißler. 13th May: Occupation of Zschopau by the Prussian and Saxonian military. The leaders of the revolution Würkert, Geißler, Reichelt and Conrad are arrested and sentenced to penal servitudes. All in all, 65 inhabitants are imprisoned. The town acquires the noble house and is using it as town hall.

1863

The gymnasts of Zschopau take part in a competition in Leipzig which is organised to support a democratic agreement in Germany. Due to a foundation by Bodemer, the basis for a library was created with 741 books.

1866

Opening of the rail route between Chemnitz and Annaberg. Suspension of the historic post office ("Posthalterei"). Construction of a new distillery at Waldkirchner Straße.

1869

Foundation of a royal teachers' seminary. The first principal of the seminary is August Israel. During a great blaze, 41 living houses and 31 barns are destroyed. In this area, the "facilities" ("Anlagen") as well as a secondary modern school ("Bürgerschule") are erected in 1888.

1879

Clara Eisner, who became Mrs Zetkin by marriage later, is employed with the Bodemer family as private tutor.

1881

Founding of the Municipal Orchestra School.

1891

A telephone line is installed within the town of Zschoapu.

1903

In front of an assembly of 5.000 people at a place called “Bergschlösschen”, August Bebel gives a speech to support the re-election of the social democratic member of the Reichstag Emil Rosenow.

1907

Establishment of the valves factory “Rasmussen & Ernst” which is developed into the DKW (German: Dampfkraftwagen, lit.: steam-driven automobile) factory later on.

1914 - 1918

During World War I, 220 inhabitants of Zschopau die.

1921

At the first public election of the members of the town council, the mandates are given to fifteen social democratic and eleven civil candidates.

1922

The 10.000th DKW engine is produced. Start of the motorcycle manufacturing at the DKW factory.

1922

Opening of a German Grammar School in the rooms of the former teachers’ seminary.

1928

Rasmussen owns the biggest motorcycle factory in the world.

1933

During the time of the Nazi regime, all democratic parties are prohibited. Within a first campaign, 200 inhabitants of Zschopau get arrested.

1935

The local resistance group which acted against the commencing war production is dissolved.

1938

During the “Reichskristallnacht”, the clothing shop Motulsky is destroyed and the family has to leave town. Other Jewish businesses are forced to give up their shops and factories (e.g. Messerschmidt & Co. and Mafrasa) within the following weeks.

1939 - 1945

Zschopau counts 309 dead soldiers and 198 missing people during World War II.

1942

Sovjet war prisoners are accommodated in the former brick factory under inhumane circumstances. Many of them died.

1944

More than 1000 prisoners of war, many forced labourers and 800 Jewish imprisoned women are working in the factories of the Auto Union in Zschopau and Wilischthal for arms production

1945

Due to the bombing of Zschopau, 23 people are killed. Tank barriers are erected on all roads leading to the town. The targeted detonation of the bridge is prevented by the civilians Otto Greßler and Hugo Eckleben. On the 8th of May, the town is occupied by Soviet soldiers without any resistance.

03.07.1945

Beginning of the dismantling of the DKW factory which is completed on 24th April 1946.

24.09.1945

Establishment of a machine manufacturing co-operation as replacement of the dismantled motorcycle factory. Production of kitchen scales, oven frames, shovels and pickaxes et al.

30.06. 1946

By referendum, it is decided that the following businesses are turned into public property:
Auto Union Factory DKW
Metal Industry Ltd. Plau Factories
Needle Factory Otto Schwerf
Button Factory Otto Richter
Hosiery Factory Max Pauli.

01.07.1946

The former – by now public owned - DKW factory becomes part of the “Industrial Administration for Vehicle Construction” and is re-named into IFA Motorcycle Factory (IFA: Industrieverband Fahrzeugbau, lit.: Industrial Cooperation for Vehicle Construction). At the end of the year, the business is transferred to Wilischthal under the company name “Sächsisches Aufbauwerk” (lit.: Saxonian Setup Factory).

20.08.1946

Zschopau’s water supply system is linked to the water conduit which leads from the water reservoir in Neunzehnhain to another one in Chemnitz (Einsiedel).

16.10.1948

The hospital at Beethovenstraße is opened (previously, the tax office was located there).

28.11.1948

The carillon, donated by Rasmussen, is installed at the top of the town hall again.

13.12.1948

With the beginning of the construction of a sky jump and the extension of the skiing slope, the winter sports centre starts to develop.

05.09.1949

The factory in Zschopau is enabled to produce motorcycles in the future. The legendary RT 125 will soon be the most copied bike in the world.

13.11.1949

The former public school, which had been turned into elementary school before, is now re-opened as “Martin-Andersen-Nexö-Oberschule”. The widow and the daughter of Martin Anderson Nexö take part in the ceremony.

12.06.1950

Foundation of “BSG Motor Zschopau” (BSG: Betriebssportgemeinschaft, lit.: Factory Sports Club), being part the public owned motorcycle factory.

30.09.1950

On demand of the Saxonian State government, the Orchestra School is dissolved.

01.09.1952

Opening of the day care centre for children at Spinnereistraße.

27.12.1952

Ceremonial opening of the sky jump.

01.10.1953

Zschopau’s cotton mill (previously Bodemer) is turned into private property.

16.02.1953

Foundation of the type I “LPG Friedenshort” (LPG: Landwirtschaftliche Produktionsgenossenschaft, lit.: agricultural production cooperation).

23.03.1953

Beginning of the construction of a sports ground at the sand pit.

10.06.1953

The public owned polymer processing factory, later known as VEB Plasticart, produces table tennis balls made of the plastic material called DEZILIT for the first time.

15.02.1954

Flooding of the lower located parts of Zschopau.

16.10.1955

The first run of the motorsports event “Rund um die Stadt Zschopau” (lit.: Around the town of Zschopau) takes place.

16.02.1956

The cinema burns down completely. The fire rescue has great difficulties due to the very cold temperatures as the water freezes in the hoses.

06.06.1957

Celebration of the 50th anniversary of motorcycles made in Zschopau.

13.10.1957

Money exchange because of the monetary reform in Zschopau.

17.10.1957

Foundation of the “United Workers and Housing Construction Cooperation” in Zschopau (VAWG).

02.05.1958

A raffle is started to contribute to the building of an open air pool.

12.07.1958

A hailstorm above Zschopau brings about a damage of 458.000 GDR Mark. The hailstones reach a diameter up to 5 cm.

20.12.1958

Opening of the re-build cinema under the name “Filmeck” (lit. movie corner)

07.10.1959

A maternity ward is established at the hospital at Gabelsberger Straße.

01.07.1960

Start of the construction works of a new pre-stressed concrete bridge.

16.10.1960

The deaconesses working at the hospital in Zschopau are called back to their former duties in Magdeburg.

01.11.1960

World Champioship Runs for MZ racing motorcycles up to 125 cc. Ernst Degner becomes 1st. Afterwards, he leaves MZ and the GDR and sells the construction plans of the fastest MZ engine 125 cc to Suzuki.

01.12.1960

A broadcast relay station starts to operate at Waldkirchner Straße.

05.07.1961

The recently errected polyclinic at Beethovenstraße, opposite the hospital, is opened to the public.

10.08.1961

The buildings between Beethovenstraße and Auenstraße, containing 377 flats, are finished.

09.09.1961

Opening of the Veterans’ Club of the Public Solidary Association.

25.04.1962

The bandstand “An den Anlagen”, being in a ruinous condition, is removed and not re-build after music students played concerts there for many years.

30.06.1962

The model MZ ES 300 is build a single machine, however, a side car can be attached.

20.08.1963

Manfred Glöckner from Zschopau wins the World Championship Canadier Team Run for the third time.

1963 – 1967

First place for the MZ trophy team at the Six Days Run. The success will be repeated in 1969 and 1987.

01.05.1964

First show of the pioneer brass orchestra of the grammar school Martin-Andersen-Nexö.

28.05.1964

The inhabitants of Zschopau demand further telephone boxes in Zschopau as there is only one available at this time. The city council instructs the German Post to change this.

30.09.1964

The town council begins with the renewal of the park “An den Anlagen”.

19.11.1964

The tower of St. Martin’s Church is repaired. It’s surrounded by artful scaffolding in order to tile the roof anew. The top of the tower is covered with lead and a weather vane (trumpet angel), deriving from 1702, is gold plated and re-arranged.

10.02.1965

The outstanding amount of snow, on average 75 cm throughout the town’s area, disrupts the traffic completely.

02.05.1965

The first track and field competition for children of Zschopau takes place at the sand pit.

21.02.1966

Due to squalls the angel on top of the church gets twisted.

24.06.1967

The recently built Catholic church at Alte Chemnitzer Straße is consegrated.

09.12.1967

Fire at the farm and living house „Rotes Vorwerk“.

12.04.1969

Celebrating ist 100th anniversery, the grammar school is re-named into „EOS Clara Zetkin“

05.06.1970

The millionth motorcycle is produced in Zschopau.

27.06.1970

The GDR Championship in high diving for students takes place within a celebration at the open air pool.

16.01.1971

Jubilee exhibition of the carvers to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the carvers’ association.

10.10.1971

The last beer is brewed in the brewery at Waldkirchner Straße by civilians. It had been a local tradition since 1476.

30.11.1971

The foundation stone for 103 m high chimney is laid at the motorcycle factory in Zschopau.

04.05.1972

Start of the relationship with the city of Louny, CSSR, which becomes the twin town of Zschopau later on.

07.07.1973

After comprehensive refurbishment, the restaurant “Stern” (lit. star) is re-opened. It is part of the state-owned trading organization.

09.12.1974

After persistent rainfalls, Zschopau is flooded. The river leaves its original course and floods the lower parts of Johannisstraße, Untere Mühlstraße, the front and back parts of the Aue, as well as a place called "Kupferwaage."

01.08.1975

Opening of the recently built Retirement and Care Home with 118 care and 129 nursing beds.

01.12.1975

The recently built training ski jump, which is temporary covered with mats, is opened.

06.10.1976

The restored keep "Fat Henry" gets, besides a new roof, also a "Turmknopf" (lit. Tower Button, also known as tower ball; a usually golden capsule containing contemporary documents).

14.08.1977

Due to heavy rain in the evening, a dam securing a small lake within the town breaks which results in flooding in the town's area.

01.09.1977

Students start to attend the recently built Grammar school with an attached gymnasium the Alte Marienberger Straße.

25.11.1977

A huge pyramid is installed at the lower end of the park "An den Anlagen" by the carvers' association for the first time to celebrate the weeks before Christmas.

01.05.1978

Zschopau`s raffle celebrates its 20th anniversary. Overall, 5.900.000 lottery tickets have been sold so far.

07.10.1978

Opening of the checkpoint crossing in Reitzenhain - the border to the Czech Republic.

21.12.1978

The hill at "Zschopenberg" in the direction of the slaughterhouse, is declared as municipal skiing area and should be free of any housing development in the future.

15.02.1979

The town council agrees on a plan of changing the gas supply of the town to the usage of natural gas.

24.07.1980

A council member, Mr Lippman, informs the council that a unusual formed stone had been found in the old town wall. Due to its well preserved back, it could be proved that it used to be a part of the former post mile stone.

07.10.1980

Opening of the extension of the Retirement and Care Home.

10.04.1981

The first Etz 250 goes into serial production.

30.09.1982

Laying of the foundation stone for the residential area "August Bebel".

02.10.1982

Opening of a ski lift consisting of two parts at the winter sport area at "Schlachthofhang" (lit. slaugtherhouse hill).

07.07.1983

The second millionth motorcycle is produced.

07.05.1984

Opening of the extension of the polyclinic.

25.08.1984

Final Cross Country Cup Run of the socialist countries "Around Zschopau".

10.08.1980

The recently built gymnasium at August Bebel School is opened.

01.09.1985

The day care centre for children is opened at Fritz-Heckert-Straße. It offers 144 places for pre-school children and 64 places for toddlers.

16.08.1987

During groundwork takes place in order to install a sluice in the town, workers detect five old lanes. Three of them run towards Chemnitzer Straße, the other two into the direction of Marienstraße. Thus, it can be assumed that the oldest path was leading through the area of the town from Nordstraße towards the lower parts of Gartenstraße.

10.06.1988

For the second time, Silke Uhlig from Zschopau and her fellow team member, win the Junior World Championship in rowing.

01.09.1988


The gymnasium, located in the court of the communal vocational school, is opened.

10.09.1988

150th anniversary of the town's library. Foundation in 1863 with 714 books, donated by the Bodemer family.

31.10.1989

A demonstration of 2000 inhabitants takes place at Martin-Andersen-Nexö School. They demand more democracy.

31.12.1989

Production of 76.100 motorcycles at MZ during the last year.

18.01.1990

Zschopau is visited by representatives of the city Neckarsulm. It is the beginning of a city partnership.

06.02.1990

First Round Table in Zschopau (a conference without hierarchy, typical for that time in order to discuss critical situations).

20.02.1990

Second Round Table in Zschopau.

10.04.1990

Tenth Round Table.

25.04.1990

The residential home for trainees of MZ at Johannisstraße is closed.

06.05.1990

The previous “FDJ” (Free German Youth, GDR organisation for children and teenagers) choir and current Youth Choir celebrates its 25th jubilee.

20.06.1990

The branches of the state-owned spinning company in Venusberg, factories III and IV in Zschopau are shut down. Thus, 600 women lose their jobs.

01.07.1990

The German Mark is introduced as new currency. All GDR accounts are downgraded to 50%.

31.10.1990

Overall, throughout the existence of the GDR, 2.545 112 motorcycles were produced at MZ.

12.11.1990

After 36 years, the racing department of MZ is dissolved.

10.06.1991

After 46 years, a job centre is re-opened in Zschopau.

28.06.1991

Jubilee celebrations of "25 Years Open Air Pool".

06.09.1991

Guests from the twin city Neckarsulm present the fire service with a modern fire engine.

24.11.1991

Exactly 100 years ago, the first long distance communication system was put into service.

03.06.1992

The club "Altbergbau" (lit.: historic mining) gets the permission to organize guided tours through the facilities of the former silver mine in Zschopau just in time before the 700th anniversary celebrations. The mine was opened to the public in 1989.

20.06.1992

The keep "Fat Henry", probably the oldest building of the town, can now be used as viewing platform after a spiral staircase has been built in.

22.06.1992

The inhabitants of Zschopau and their guests celebrate the 700th anniversary in splendid weather.

27.06.1992

Mrs Sybille Krägel, niece of Dr Ove Rasmussen, unveils a plaque at the town hall, which identifies Joergen Skafte Rasmussen as donator of the carillon.

30.06.1992

The legendary motorcycle factory Zschopau (MZ) is shut down.

03.10.1992

More than 2000 onlookers watch the ski jumpers at the opening of the modernised ski jump at Zschopenberg. More than 100 ski jumpers of all ages and from15 communities of the Ore Mountains, amongst them Jens Weißflog, take part.

03.10.1992


03.10.1992 The grammar school "Gymnasium Zschopau" is opened as replacement for the "EOS Clara-Zetkin".

23.10.1992

The district's school of music moves into the previous building of the Ministry of S tate Security (GDR) at Thumer Straße.

02.01.1993

70th anniversary of Zschopau's chess club.

18.01.1993

With the clearing of wood near Altenhain, the works for a road by-pass (B 174) starts.

04.06.1993

The chimney of the Heating House North is detonated. Thus, a change towards environmental friendly energies begins.

20. 9. 1993

The members of the ABM (German abbr. for job creation schemes) “Motorcycle Factory Zschopau” hand the refurbished area of the Dischau Valley over to the public.

8. 11. 1993

A local club organizes an exhibition to remind of the Jewish victims of the "Reichskristallnacht" and the destiny of the women and girls which were forced to work in the factories in Zschopau and Wilischthal.

10.12.1993

A digital telephone switch is opened in Zschopau. Thus, 5400 telephone connections can be installed.

09. 04.1994

The grammar school in Zschopau celebrates its 125 anniversary.

20.05.1994

Laying of the foundation stone for a vocational school centre for technology in Zschopau right above the residential area "August Bebel".

26.08.1994

125th jubilee of the Zschopau's fire and rescue service.

03.09.1994

The first castle festival is celebrated after the German Reunification took place. About 1000 people visit the market and take the chance to look around Fat Henry and the exhibitions at the castle.

12.01.1995

The business park "Zschopau North" with a size of 12 ha is technically completely developed.

13.01.1995

The vehicle registration MEK (Mittlerer Erzgebirgskreis, lit. District in the middle of the Ore Mountains) is confirmed by the Federal Ministry for Traffic.

30.01.1995

After the restorer had finished his main examinations at Wildeck Castle, carpenters start with the restoration of the exposed ceiling deriving from the 16th century.

08.03.1995

The first sod for a new residential area, consisting of townhouses, single, semi-detached houses and apartment buildings, is turned by Zschopau's mayor.

17.03.1995


Ceremony for the finishing of the roof of the industrial training centre at Johann-Gottlieb-Pfaff- Straße.

08.04.1995

The previous FDJ (Free German Youth, GDR organisations for children and teenagers) choir and current Youth Choir celebrates its 30th jubilee.

12.04.1995


12.04.1995 With a ceremony, the school's library is takes up its work again. It contains an archive, a reading room and more than 10.000 books which derive to a great part from the time of the seminaries.

25.08.1995

Zschopau's first Castle and Huntsmen Festival takes place.

27.11.1995

At the vocational school for technology, 316 trainees start in woodworking classes.

09.12.1995

The day care centre for children at Mozartstraße is shut down and sold. Afterwards, the job centre moves into this building.

31.12.1995

It is no longer possible to change the personal documents issued in the GDR into new ones.

01.02.1996

130th anniversary of the railway route in the valley of the river Zschopau.

29.03.1996

Celebrations to mark 70 years of postal services with vehicles and 10 years public transport with several events.

10.04.1996

The first part of the bridge across the valley “Zschopautal” is finished.

08.06.1996

The voluntary fire and rescue service of Zschopau obtains a new fire engine of the type LF 16/12.

11.06.1996

The refurbished ground level at the new town hall is ready for occupation - the departments move into them.

28.06.1996

A two-stroke engine leaves a former MZ production lane once again. It is the RT 125 which is manufactured under the command of a recently founded company.

02.07.1996

30th anniversary of the public open air pool in Zschopau.

12.07.1996

Zschopau's motorcycle and two-tyre factory (MuZ) is forced to apply for insolvency proceedings.

16.07.1996

Refurbishment of the sports ground and house I of the grammar school, after houses II and III had already been finished.

05.08.1996

The framework of the new bridge is finished.

08.08.1996

Start of classes at the vocational school for technology.

27.08.1996

Re-opening of the museum of local history.

30.08.1996

New opportunity for MuZ with the entering of an enterprise from Malaysia.

31.08.1996

The boat house of the canoe club "Falke" Zschopau is re-opened after refurbishment.

04.09.1996

Ceremony to celebrate finishing of the framework of the new extension of the Retirement and Care Centre.

28.09.1996

Symbolic laying of the foundation stone for the "Bodemer culture and leisure park".

17.10.1996

New beginning of the MuZ company with the manufacturing of the Skorpion Sport.

31.10.1996

The restored organ is consecrated at St. Martin's Church.

06.11.1996

After a twelve-months test run, the new hydroelectric power station is put into service.

14.12.1996

The recently built district hospital is opened.

18.12.1996

The first part of the new by-pass road B174 is opened.

16.01.1997

Start of the construction of Zschopau's bus station.

25.01.1997

The Culture and Leisure Time Centre moves into the building of the former vocational school.

27.01.1997

The new bridge, part of the B174, is opened for traffic.

19.02.1997

The church's initiative for the unemployed celebrates its 5th anniversary.

08.05.1997

The celebrations of the 75th anniversary of the manufacture of motorcycles and engines lasts until autumn including various events.

05.08.1997

schopau is stage place of the 13th Saxony tour for cycling professionals.

01.09.1997

The school at Zschopenberg was opened 20 years ago and celebrates its 5th anniversary as primary school.

15.09.1997

The friends' association for the support of Wildeck Castle is founded.

08.11.1997

Opening of the bus station.

 
 
 
nach oben