Deutschčeský jazykEnglish
Veranstaltungen
Artikel
Kontakte
Schloss Wildeck
Address:
Schloss Wildeck 109405 Zschopau

Phone: +49 (0)3725 287170

Fax: +49 (0)3725 287180

opening times castle & museums:

Mon

11 am - 6 pm

Tue

11 am - 6 pm

Wed.

closed

Thu

11 am - 6 pm

Fri

11 am - 6 pm

closed 24./25./ 31.12.

 


opening times castle gardens:

Mai - Sept.

10 am - 6 pm

Oct. - April

10 am - 4 pm

Citizen Office / Tourist Information
Address:
Altmarkt 209405 Zschopau

Phone: +49 (0)3725 2870

Fax: +49 (0)3725 287222

Website: http://www.zschopau.de

opening times:

Mon.

09.00 - 3.00 pm

Tue.

09.00 - 6.00 pm

Wed.

09.00 - 2.00 pm
(city offices closed)

Thu.

09.00 - 5.00 pm

Fri.

09.00 - 2.00 pm

Sat.

09.00 - 11.00 am
(the registration office open by appointment)

Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, the Community Office between 12.00 - 1.00 pm clock are closed.

  • Rasmussen

    Rasmussen

  • Ausstellung07

    Ausstellung07

  • Ausstellung03

    Ausstellung03

  • Classic-Zuverlaessikeitsfahrt

    Classic-Zuverlaessikeitsfahrt

  • Enduro02

    Enduro02

History - 1906 bis 1931

 

1906 to 1921
Setup of Rasmussen's factory - The Prestage of the Motorcycle Factory

1906 Jörgen Skafte Rasmussen (1878 - 1964) purchases an abandoned clothing factory on behalf of the company Rasmussen & Ernst in the Dischau valley in Zschopau. Valves, household and workshop devices as well as vehicle accessories are produced. 20 employees.
1912 Re-naming into “Engine Factory J.S. Rasmussen Zschopau Corporation”. Foundation of the "Elitewerke Plc." in Brand-Erbisdorf (a small car manufacturing company) together with the owner of the “Presto” factories in Chemnitz.
1914-1918 Production of detonator capsules and grenade detonators. Modification of the factory, electronic operations start. Rise of the number of employees from 40 to 450, amongst them many women.
1916 Development of a steam-driven car with the support of Rasmussen's fellow countryman engineer Matthießen.
1919 Production of two-stroke toy engines constructed by the engineer Hugo Ruppe: “The Boy's Desire”. Foundation of a small engine distribution service in Berlin.
1920 Development of bike engines with 1 horsepower by Rupper: “The Small Wonder”, which went into serial production in 1921. Re-naming into “Engine Factory J.S. Rasmussen Zschopau”.
1921-1922 Building of the DKW "armchair motorcycles" (German: Sesselmotorräder) Golem and Lomos. Hermann Weber is hired as manager of the construction department, Blau becomes technical manager. Due to the employment of former soldiers, the number of employees rises to 600.
1921 The drivers of DKW vehicles gain the first three places on serial models on the 800 km long "Reichsfahrt" from Berlin to Heidelberg .

 

1922 to 1931
Expansion to “DKW Group”.

1922

The actual manufacturing of motorcycles in Zschopau starts with the "Reichfahrtsmodell". Dr. Carl Hahn becomes manager of marketing and sales.
July 1922: the 20.000th DKW engine and 2.000th DKW motorcycle.

1923 Foundation of the “Motocycle Factory J.S. Rasmussen Plc.” in Zschopau. DKW's success from the "Reichsfahrten" in 1922 and 1923 are repeated. The designer of the successful motorcycles, Hermann Weber himself demonstrates the performance of the machines. With him, Hans Sprung, Hans Winkler, Kurt Friedrich and Richard Blau represent DKW successfully.
1924

With the model "SM" the technical basis for a one of a kind development of the then motorcycle construction is made. The technicians responsible for the customer support are given an instruction course for the first time. Ceremonial opening of the administration building.
The 50.000th motorcycle is produced.

1926 Profound change of the production line: For the first time, a motorcycle is manufactured at a mechanically driven assembly line. It is the model E 206. The abandoned "Moll" factories in Scharfenstein are bought. Production of the first DKW two-cylinder motorcycle and a trial car.
1927

Purchase of the "Rickenbacker Engine Productions" in Detroit / U.S. leading to a failure.
Exhibition of small cargo bicycle with a DKW engine, manufactured by the affiliate company "Framo" in Frankenberg, at the International Motor Show. Foundation of a racing department with August Prüssing as its leader. Hans Sprung wins the German Championship on a 175 cc motorcycle.

1928

Acquisition of the stock majority of the Schütthoff Plc. Chemnitz. Purchase of the iron foundry in Erla and the complete block of stock of the Audi Factories Plc. in Zwickau. The DKW group becomes the biggest motorcycle factory in the world.

Daily output: up to 300 motorcycles and 350 engines.
Yearly output: 43.316 motorcycles; 2.375 employees.

1928-1929

Establishment of the DKW settlement in Zschopau.

1929

Extension of the factory with branches in Annaberg, Chemnitz, Erla, Frankenberg, Marienberg, Scharfenstein, Spandau, Wilischthal, Zöblitz and Zwickau.
Peak of motorcycle production: 60.000.
Every 78 seconds one motorcycle is produced at the DKW factory.
6.000 employees.
Kurt Friedrich wins the German Championship (250 cc), and Arthur Geiss wins the Grand Prix of Germany at the Nürburgring (175 cc). With three DKW 500 cc motorcycles, the riders Klein, Zündorf and Geiss win the "Targe Florio" in Sicily.
With the half litre racing bike PRe 500, reaching 27,8 horsepower with a two cylinder motor (enhanced to 36 horsepower in 1931/1932) thrilling races between the DKW and BMW riders are presented to the audience.

Building of the automobile P15 on the basis on the water-cooled two cylinder motorcycle engine of the model DKW Z 500.

1930

The world economic crisis leads to a decrease in the sales of DKW, too: 36.000 motorcycles. 1932 - 11.000 motorcycles. Partial compensation of the losses by offering various other products, such as automobiles, motorcycles, refrigerators, stationary engines and car accessories.

Mass dismissal of employees: only 850 are left.
DKW's racing cars with charge pump engines set new records in twelve different international classes in France.

1931 Start of the serial production of the front wheel driven compact car DKW F1 (front) at the Audi Factory in Zwickau which was supposed to boost sales.

However, loss at the 31. October in 1931: 3.92 million Reichsmark.

 

 
 
 
nach oben