Be enchanted by a walk through the picturesquely designed castle gardens, surrounded by the historical setting of Wildeck Castle. The oldest layout plan of the garden derives from 1833. During the years 2004/2005 a fundamental re-design took place by the landscape architect Gerd Tschersich. The castle gardens consists of several spectacularly arranged parts - the castle courtyard, the baroque and rose garden, as well as a place called "Under the Pergola". While taking a walk through the gardens, you will be able to enjoy the wonderful view on the "Zschopense", the bridges crossing the river and the eastern, southern and western surroundings.
- October until April = 10 am to 4 pm (weather dependent)
- May until September = 10 am to 6 pm
- also open on Wednesdays
Park "An den Anlagen"
After the construction of a secondary modern school (German: Bürgerschule) in 1888 and the emperor's hall (1903 - not existing anymore), a park with a fountain and a bandstand was designed at the turn to the 20th century. A centennial memorial stone serves as a reminder of the Battle of the Nations near Leipzig in 1813. The park was re-arranged according to historical plans including the still existing old groups of trees between the years 2007 and 2010.
Resting Point at the River Zschopau
The “Stülpner Fountain”, which is situated at the resting point, was created by a local club concerned with the preservation of the nature and culture of the Ore Mountains (German: Erzgebirgsverein). It is located on a path along the river between Zschopau and Wilischthal and dedicated to the local hero Carl Stülpner.
Anton-Günther - Place
The small park including a plaque was dedicated to the popular poet Anton Günther by a local Christmas club in 1938.
Above that, the wooded vicinity of Zschopau offers various well-signed hiking paths leading to the neighbouring castles and other points of interest.